Jewelers of America (JA) is now accepting entries for its annual national jewelry design competition. The 2021 CASE Awards—CASE stands for creativity, artistry, style, and excellence in jewelry design, attributes the association looks for in its winning entries—is open to all employees of JA Member retailers and suppliers. The deadline for entry is March 17, 2021.
“Jewelry designers and bench jewelers create beautifully executed pieces of jewelry that showcase their creative vision and exceed their client’s expectations,” said Amanda Gizzi, JA’s director of PR and events, in a statement. “The talent our members possess deserves to be in the spotlight. CASE Awards gives jewelers the opportunity to showcase their talents and enables them to receive well-deserved recognition.”
Awards will be given in 14 categories—each of which is new for 2021—including the following:
• Engagement rings priced up to $5,000
• Engagement rings priced up to $5,001 and up
• Wedding bands priced up to $5,000
• Wedding bands priced $5,001 and up
• Earrings priced up to $5,000
• Earrings priced $5,001 and up
• Bracelets priced up to $5,000
• Bracelets priced $5,001 and up
• Necklaces priced up to $5,000
• Necklaces priced $5,001 and up
• Rings priced up to $5,000
• Rings priced $5,001 and up
• Pins, brooches, cuff links, and other (with “other” constituting non-jewelry items made of precious metals or stones sold in jewelry stores)
Winners will be selected by a panel of experts who will evaluate each entry based on its overall design, marketability, wearability, and quality of manufacture. Each winner will receive a personalized CASE Awards trophy, as well as national trade and consumer media exposure. In addition, JA plans to promote all entrants through a social media and digital marketing campaign.
The 2021 CASE Awards are sponsored by Jewelers Mutual Group, Synchrony, and Chosen Payments. For more information and to enter, visit jewelers.org/caseawards.
Top: Winner of the 2020 CASE Award for jewelry priced up to $2,000 from a supplier: Stud earrings in 14k yellow gold with Ethiopian opal, tanzanite, green sapphire, and diamonds, $1,250; Loriann Jewelry
Source: jckonline.com Brittany Siminitz